A lady in her forties was awarded over ?1000.00 in compensation after a fall in a cash and carry; the accident claim advice from her solicitors at Michael Lewin in the UK ensured she received the maximum compensation for her injury.

Mrs T from Bury St Edmunds was 48 years old when she slipped on a pool of water on the floor of a cash and carry. The accident left her with an injured hip and multiple bruising.

Wet floors contribute to so many slips and falls each year in the UK. These accidents can be so easily avoided. People are entitled by law to make a claim against anyone who has disregarded the health and safety laws and subsequently caused injury to another person. Every occupier of land or buildings has a duty of care to the general public who visit them. It can be a home shop office train bus park or factory.

Public liability is when someone hurts themselves because a third party has neglected this duty. If you can show that the third party which is the person or organization responsible for maintaining the property or outside space has been negligent you can make a public liability claim.

You may even be able to claim if you had an accident in a private home if the householder or landlord was responsible for your accident e.g. badly-lit steps or falling roof tile.

There are advantages to making a claim for compensation. If you make a claim following an accident in a public place the place in question may then change its practices in order to prevent a similar accident occurring. You don?t just have to claim compensation for the actual injury you have sustained; if you make a claim for compensation following an injury the public liability insurance of the place in question will pay for any physiotherapy or specialist treatment you require if they are found to be liable for the accident. You can also recover any loss of earnings and out of pocket expenses you may have incurred following an accident in a public place; you don?t just get compensation for loss of earnings if your accident has been at work. For more advice about claiming compensation speak to Michael Lewin Solicitors about your case.

Michael Lewin provide exceptional accident claim advice and their solicitors have a magnificent track record in negotiating settlements for public liability cases in the UK like Mrs T’s. Mrs T received ?1431.00 in compensation when her case was settled. The third party paid for the legal fees so Mrs T received 100% of the compensation.

Don?t be apprehensive about making a claim following an accident in a public place. Owners of premises and properties that are regularly visited by the public are required under the Occupiers Liability Act 1957 to take reasonable care to ensure their premises are safe. If this duty is being breached either by the negligence of the business or its members of staff then an accident could occur.

If this has happened to you you should seek compensation if you have sustained any injuries as a result. The claim will be dealt with by the insurance company that has provided them with public liability cover; more often than not these claims are settled out of court and the compensation is paid quickly directly from the insurers. If you need accident claim advice in the UK call Michael Lewin Solicitors on: 0844 499 9302.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment