Mrs H was awarded over £1000 in compensation after seeking accident claims advice in London from Michael Lewin Solicitors.

Mrs H was a victim of an accident in a public place. Mrs H was out shopping when her accident occurred. Mrs H sat on a bench in a shop which suddenly collapsed. As a result of the bench collapsing Mrs H was injured.

Michael Lewin Solicitors were happy to claim compensation on behalf of Mrs h as the accident was not her fault. The shop should not have provided a faulty bench for customers to sit on. In many smaller businesses the owner will take the responsibility for the health and safety whilst in larger organisations there may be a few staff with health and safety issues as their full time role.

When it comes to duty of care the primary job of the competent person is to carry out a risk assessment. This needs to identify the health and safety risks of each employee in the workplace. The outcome of the risk assessment may vary according to the size of an organisation. If it has five or more employees a competent person has to keep a record of the assessment’s results.

If you need accident claims advice in London you should seek it as soon as possible after your accident.

Everybody’s circumstances are different. There is no set amount of compensation for each type of accident in a public place. The amount of compensation you receive following your accident will depend on multiple factors the most common of which are:
? The nature and severity of the injuries you have suffered; you are more likely to get a higher rate of compensation for injuries such as broken bones and scarring than you are for bruising and soft tissue damage.
? The amount you earn; the more you earn the more you have lost out on. Therefore if you are in a higher paid job you will be entitled to higher rate of compensation to reimburse you for your loss of earnings.
? The amount of time you have spent rehabilitating; the longer you have had to have of work the more earnings you will have lost out on therefore compensation for loss of earnings will be higher. If you have had to spend a long time recovering from an accident and you have been suffering during that time you may get a higher rate of compensation for the prolonged period of suffering.

There is a time limit involved in making a claim for compensation. The amount of time you have depends on the type of claim you make. It is worth looking into it sooner rather than later.

If you have fallen victim to an accident in a public place then you can claim compensation if the accident was not your fault. Michael Lewin Solicitors are experts at claiming compensation for public liability cases.

For accident claims advice in London call Michael Lewin Solicitors on 0844 499 9302. Our friendly team are here to help.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment