Mrs M sought legal representation from an accident claims specialist at Michael Lewin Solicitors in London following her accident in a public place.

Mr M was walking round a market when her accident occurred; she was 58 years old at the time of the accident. As Mrs M was walking round the market a metal pole fell from one of the stands. Mrs M was struck by the falling pole and a soft tissue injury was sustained. As the accident was not Mrs M’s fault Michael Lewin Solicitors were happy to take on her case. If you have been in an accident that was not your fault you may be entitled to compensation too.

The following are examples of common hazards or areas of neglect that may cause an accident in a public place:
? Defective trolleys in supermarkets; all equipment that is used by the public should be in good working order and maintained regularly. All equipment in a public place should be checked for faults and taken out of service.
? Negligence of staff in a place that is used by the public; for example if a member of staff has left a stock trolley in the path of one of the customers and it has caused them to trip over it.
? Slips due to substances on the floor that should have been marked with a sign cordoned off or cleaned up.
? Falling objects; this can happen when any products or materials have not been placed securely at height or on a shelf. Injury may occur if an object falls onto someone or into their path.

This list is not exhaustive; it is just a few examples of what we mean by negligence in a public place. To find out if you have a valid claim speak to an accident claims specialist in London from Michael Lewin Solicitors; we can assess your case over the phone. Every occupier of land or buildings has a duty of care to the general public who visit them. It can be a home shop office train bus park or factory.

Public liability is when someone hurts themselves because a third party has neglected this duty. If you can show that the third party which is the person or organization responsible for maintaining the property or outside space has been negligent you can make a public liability claim.

You may even be able to claim if you had an accident in a private home if the householder or landlord was responsible for your accident e.g. badly-lit steps or falling roof tile. If you are thinking about claiming compensation you should not delay in making your claim; there are time limits on claiming compensation and you do not want to miss out. The time limits are variable depending on the type of claim you are pursuing. We want you to get the compensation you deserve.

To speak to an accident claims specialist in London about your case call Michael Lewin Solicitors today on 0844 499 9302.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment