Miss S sought accident claim advice from Michael Lewin Solicitors in London following an accident she had whilst on a college course. Thanks to the dedication and hard work of our lawyers Miss S was awarded over £1500.00 in compensation.

Miss S was on a college course when her accident occurred. Miss S had not been provided with the appropriate equipment whilst on the course and this was the reason she suffered an injury.

Miss S dropped a heavy rock onto her foot. As Miss S had not been provided with safety footwear the rock fell to the ground and crushed her foot. Every occupier of land or buildings has a duty of care to the general public who visit them. It can be a home shop office train bus park or factory. Public liability is when someone hurts themselves because a third party has neglected this duty.

If you can show that the third party which is the person or organization responsible for maintaining the property or outside space has been negligent you can make a public liability claim.

You may even be able to claim if you had an accident in a private home if the householder or landlord was responsible for your accident e.g. badly-lit steps or falling roof tile.

After seeking accident compensation advice in London from Michael Lewin Solicitors Miss S decided to pursue a claim for compensation. Compensation is awarded for pain suffering and loss of amenity. Loss of amenity covers things such as not being able to continue a hobby continue a chosen career or carry out domestic tasks.

Special damages can include part of your claim for example lost wages travelling expenses (eg for attending medical appointments) prescriptions private medical treatment the cost of repairing or replacing damaged property (including your car) the cost of private care or the equivalent value of care given by family members. This part of your claim can run into £1000s if you have been unable to go to work.

If you can tick any or all of these statements you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation;
? I have been involved in an accident which was not my fault
? I have suffered from injuries as a result of this accident
? My accident took place at work in a public place or may be covered by owners liability
? I have suffered from financial losses as a result of my accident

Call our helpful staff today to find out how much compensation you could be entitled to claim. Michael Lewin Solicitors were pleased to be able to secure £1539.60 in compensation on behalf of Miss S. As the accident had not been Miss S’s fault and she had not been provided with safety equipment she was entitled to make a claim.

If you are thinking about claiming compensation don?t leave it too late. Delaying making your claim could render it void; there is a time limit on claiming.

For accident compensation advice regarding accidents in a public place call Michael Lewin Solicitors in London on 0844 499 9302.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment