A pensioner from Leeds contacted Michael Lewin Solicitors when she had an accident that wasn?t her fault; Michael Lewin offer professional compassionate compensation advice for any genuine non-fault accident in the UK.

Mrs T from Leeds was injured when she tripped and fell due to a pot hole in the road which left her feeling sore and bruised.

Unfortunately untreated pot holes are a major cause of slips trips and falls in the UK these days. If you have had an accident on publically owned land and you can prove it wasn?t your fault you can take your case to a lawyer for legal advice regarding making a claim. Every occupier of land or buildings has a duty of care to the general public who visit them. It can be a home shop office train bus park or factory.

Public liability is when someone hurts themselves because a third party has neglected this duty. If you can show that the third party which is the person or organization responsible for maintaining the property or outside space has been negligent you can make a public liability claim.

You may even be able to claim if you had an accident in a private home if the householder or landlord was responsible for your accident e.g. badly-lit steps or falling roof tile.

Solicitors at Michael Lewin can assist their clients make a public liability claim for their accident; they provide first class legal representation and invaluable compensation advice in the UK. When Mrs C’s case was resolved she was awarded ?2635.00.

She kept 100% of the compensation as Michael Lewin recovered their costs from the third party rather than from Mrs C. Compensation is awarded for pain suffering and loss of amenity. Loss of amenity covers things such as not being able to continue a hobby continue a chosen career or carry out domestic tasks.

Special damages can include part of your claim for example lost wages travelling expenses (e.g. for attending medical appointments) prescriptions private medical treatment the cost of repairing or replacing damaged property (including your car) the cost of private care or the equivalent value of care given by family members. This part of your claim can run into £1000s if you have been unable to go to work.

There are advantages to making a claim for compensation. If you make a claim following an accident in a public place the place in question may then change its practices in order to prevent a similar accident occurring. You don?t just have to claim compensation for the actual injury you have sustained; if you make a claim for compensation following an injury the public liability insurance of the place in question will pay for any physiotherapy or specialist treatment you require if they are found to be liable for the accident.

If you have had an accident and think you may be entitled to claim compensation call Michael Lewin Solicitors for advice in the UK on: 0844 499 9302.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment