Mr J decided to get legal advice after an accident in a snooker hall left him injured; he wanted to make a compensation claim under the Occupier Liability Act so he took advice from Michael Lewin Solicitors who are successful and experienced personal injury lawyers in the UK.

The Occupier Liability Act is a piece of legislation which means that the owner of any business or organisation has a duty of care to anyone using the premises.

Mr J from the coastal resort of Rhyl in North Wales was injured when he tripped over a ripped carpet in a snooker hall. This is just one example of the many accidents which can be caused by structural damage or wear and tear in a building. Anything from pot holes broken tiles or torn carpeting as in the case of Mr J can cause dangerous accidents. Anyone wishing to make a claim following an accident will need to contact a legal expert who will determine if the person responsible for the property (not always the owner) was either aware of the problem or should have been aware of it but failed to repair it.

Any accident claim will need to be supported by evidence proving that the third party was at fault before a compensation claim can be made; highly qualified legal advice is available from the personal injury team at Michael Lewin Solicitors in the UK.

If you have suffered a slip trip or fall in a public place you should inspect the area where you fell and make a note of what caused you to fall. If possible take down the details of anyone who was in the area when the accident happened. Even anyone who saw you just after the accident could give details of your pain or describe the conditions of the area and the hazard which caused you to fall.

You can also speak to a manager and take details of any information they give you. They may mention that this has happened before. Take their name and job title. Also take a copy of any report they make.

There is a lot of information required by the lawyers who will be handling your claim. It is advisable to contact them as soon as possible for legal advice on how to proceed.

If you are seeking further information regarding an accident compensation claim and you require legal advice from personal injury experts don?t hesitate to call Michael Lewin Solicitors in the UK today on : 0844 499 9302.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment