Mrs J came to our expert accident compensation solicitors after her accident in a public place. She received £2800.00 in compensation.

Mrs J was 55 when she had her unfortunate accident just a few days before Christmas. Our client had been walking on some pavements which had not been gritted; ice was present on the pavement and she slipped on the untreated pavement.

Our client suffered considerable bruising and swelling which made it very difficult to prepare as she normally did for the very busy lead up to the festive period. She felt very cross that she was in pain over the Christmas period and although her aches and pains did not ruin Christmas they certainly did not help.

In winter weather ice often forms on roads pavements and other public areas therefore there is a danger that accidents may occur due to slipping on ice. If you or a loved one have slipped on ice and has suffered some form of personal injury as a result of the accident it may be possible to claim injury compensation.

The responsibility of such accidents falls on the shoulders of the local council or authority. If the liability is for negligence and is not a breach of section 41(1) of the Highways Act 1980; Liability there may be liability under the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957. This Act imposes a different duty and a different standard from the Highways Act 1980. The occupier of shops offices car parks and similar places will have a far greater obligation to take such care as is reasonable in all the circumstances for the safety of visitors.

For example a station car park is a place to which drivers are "invited" as are rail passengers and leaving it un-gritted on an icy night is a breach of the duty of the station owner or controller under the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957; The duty in negligence is the same as the duty under the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957.

If you have suffered from an accident in a public place Michael Lewin’s compensation solicitors are dedicated to settling your claim efficiently. If you can answer yes to the four simple questions to follow you may be entitled to make a claim:
? Have you been injured at work in a public place or in someone’s home?
? Was the accident the fault of a third party or was someone’s negligence to blame for the accident?
? Have you sustained an injury as a result of your accident that has required medical treatment?

Christmas is such a bad time to feel poorly; Michael Lewin were thrilled to get her compensation after her fall.

For accident compensation call expert solicitors in employment law on: 0844 499 9302 to start your compensation claim today.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment