For accident injury compensation claims advice look no further than the expert lawyers at Michael Lewin in London. We helped Mr P claim compensation of over £4500.00 following his accident at work.

Mr W was in a superstore car park when he didn?t notice the exposed drain gulley. He injured his ankle and his back tore ligaments in his knee and bruised his ribs when he fell. A superstore car park is a very busy place used by people all ages and should not have any dangerous areas like this which can cause injuries to unsuspecting members of the public.

In the past figures have shown that slip trip and fall incidents in the workplace have cost 40 workers their lives in one year. Also in a year over 15000 major injuries to workers have been caused by slips trips and falls and over 30000 workers have taken more than three days off work. It is estimated that the cost to society each year for slips trips and falls is around £800 million. Health and Safety Executive figures show that slips and trips are the most common cause of major injuries in the work place in Great Britain. Most workplace deaths are caused by falls from height.

His solicitors are experienced in dealing with public liability claims particularly claims for an ankle injury back injury or any slip trip or fall; Mr W was awarded compensation as a result of his claim in the UK.

When you are out shopping for groceries or in any public place you don?t expect any risks or hazards to have been overlooked. Michael Lewin are there to help with any public liability cases.

Every occupier of land or buildings has a duty of care to the general public who visit them. It can be a home shop office train bus park or factory.

Public liability is when someone hurts themselves because a third party has neglected this duty.

If you can show that the third party which is the person or organization responsible for maintaining the property or outside space has been negligent you can make a public liability claim.

You may even be able to claim if you had an accident in a private home if the householder or landlord was responsible for your accident e.g. badly-lit steps or falling roof tile.

Compensation is awarded for pain suffering and loss of amenity. Loss of amenity covers things such as not being able to continue a hobby continue a chosen career or carry out domestic tasks.

Special damages can include part of your claim for example lost wages travelling expenses (e.g. for attending medical appointments) prescriptions private medical treatment the cost of repairing or replacing damaged property (including your car) the cost of private care or the equivalent value of care given by family members. This part of your claim can run into £1000s if you have been unable to go to work.

If you have suffered an ankle injury slip trip or fall and think you may be entitled to compensation in the UK call Michael Lewin Solicitors on:

0844 499 9302.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment