Michael Lewin are experts in employer liability cases and were able to help Mr G from Chichester when he tripped over a pipe at work; if you have had an arm injury at work back injury or common injury which is the result of an accident which was not your fault you may be entitled to compensation in the UK.

Mr G was 37 years old when he had an accident which wasn?t his fault. He tripped over a pipe which had been left lying flat in the car park where he worked. The pipe became a health and safety hazard when it was left in the wrong place. Anyone could have fallen over it.

In the past figures have shown that slip trip and fall incidents in the workplace have cost 40 workers their lives in one year. Also in a year over 15000 major injuries to workers have been caused by slips trips and falls and over 30000 workers have taken more than three days off work. It is estimated that the cost to society each year for slips trips and falls is around £800 million. Health and Safety Executive figures show that slips and trips are the most common cause of major injuries in the work place in Great Britain. Most workplace deaths are caused by falls from height.

Employers must ensure that they comply with legal requirements including:
? Avoid potentially dangerous work involving manual handling; if these risks cannot be avoided they must be reduced.
? Provide health supervision as required.
? Provide protective clothing and/or equipment.
? Ensure that the correct warning signs are provided.

All employers have more statutory requirements but these are some of the main ones should your employers not have met these legal minimum requirements we can help. Call us to discuss the potential compensation you could claim if your employer neglected to fulfil his legal requirements.

If you have suffered an arm injury at work leg injury back injury or any injury which has been caused an accident at work contact Michael Lewin to discuss the details of your accident and a possible claim for compensation in the UK. Mr G was awarded ?1500.00 for his accident.

Solicitors at Michael Lewin could help Mr G because he was involved in an accident which was not his fault but caused by his employer failing to provide a safe working environment. Compensation is awarded for pain suffering and loss of amenity. Loss of amenity covers things such as not being able to continue a hobby continue a chosen career or carry out domestic tasks.

Special damages can include part of your claim for example lost wages travelling expenses (e.g. for attending medical appointments) prescriptions private medical treatment the cost of repairing or replacing damaged property (including your car) the cost of private care or the equivalent value of care given by family members. This part of your claim can run into £1000s if you have been unable to go to work.

If you have suffered an arm injury at work or similar injury at work or in a public place and need legal advice regarding a claim for compensation in the UK call Michael Lewin Solicitors on: 0844 499 9302.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment