We are always looking for talented people to join our growing team. Whether you’re legally qualified or interested in joining as part of our support team, our success depends on recruiting exceptional talent so that we can keep providing the highest quality legal services to our clients.
We believe in developing the skills of our employees and providing exciting opportunities for you to excel in both your professional and personal growth. We are also committed to making Michael Lewin Solicitors a fun, supportive environment to work in.
Even if we do not have vacancies advertised, you can send a speculative CV to email@example.com with a covering letter explaining why you’d like to work for Michael Lewin Solicitors and the kind of role you’re looking for. Your CV will be retained in our talent bank and we’ll be in touch when a suitable role becomes available.
Head of Clinical Negligence for Michael Lewin Solicitors
Responsible to: Abbie Keech, Managing Director
Department: Clinical Negligence
Main Purpose of Job: To manage a team of people, market for work and fee earn
Michael Lewin Solicitors presently has a team of three people working in the Clinical Negligence department – a junior fee earner/administrator, an industrial disease solicitor who has converted to being a clinical negligence solicitor and the head of the department.
There are over 100 cases from various sources and at various stages. They range from misdiagnosis claims to incorrect surgical procedures to delay in diagnosis.
There is also a range of value with the claim from lower end up to multi-thousand pound claims.
- Coordinating new client calls and deciding on whether to accept the cases
- Liaising with the vetting team on the call handling of the cases
- Undertaking preliminary research and investigation into the new calls
- Deciding whether to accept the claims
- Arranging meetings with clients to take witness statements
- Day to day management of the clinical negligence files
- Arrange medical appointments and reports
- Litigation from start to finish of the claims
- Arranging counsel and conferences
- Liaising with the costs department to sort billing and costings
In addition to the more day to day fee earner activities we would like the head to be involved in :-
- Marketing for new work – this is not essential as we have a team of people and a marketer to assist with them
- Updating the Case Management system – we have a case management developer in house to assist with this
- To attend Board Meetings and be involved in management of the firm
- Website design – to assist in updating the pages on our website, writing new pages, looking at new areas of work that we could move into
- Supporting the team with training, development, appraisals
- COLP reports
- Looking to build up the team and add more people to the department
- Cross selling – attending networking events if necessary
- Keeping up to date with the progress of the law