We are always looking for talented people to join our growing team. Whether you’re legally qualified or interested in joining as part of our support team, our success depends on recruiting exceptional talent so that we can keep providing the highest quality legal services to our clients.
We believe in developing the skills of our employees and providing exciting opportunities for you to excel in both your professional and personal growth. We are also committed to making Michael Lewin Solicitors a fun, supportive environment to work in.
Even if we do not have vacancies advertised, you can send a speculative CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter explaining why you’d like to work for Michael Lewin Solicitors and the kind of role you’re looking for. Your CV will be retained in our talent bank and we’ll be in touch when a suitable role becomes available.
Clinical Negligence Paralegal
Responsible to: Head of Department
Department: Clinical Negligence
As a Paralegal in the clinical negligence department, you will be expected to act as part of a team and as such your role may occasionally be altered to assist in the smooth running of the firm.
Your job is to provide assistance to a consistently high level, on the department’s clinical negligence cases.
The role is a proactive one which requires flexibility, particularly with regard to attending conferences, enthusiasm, eagerness, organisation, attention to detail and determination.
Main Purpose of Job:
To provide fee earning assistance to the clinical negligence department.
– Answering all new clients calls, presenting new enquiries to supervisor at case meetings, undertaking preliminary research/investigation to new call, giving feedback to the client and maintaining a central record of new enquiry sources;
– Attending meetings with clients and Conferences with Counsel, taking verbatim notes and where appropriate typing the same following the meetings and circulating to all relevant parties;
– Securing dates for expert meetings and conferences, securing dates and setting up joint meetings and conferences;
– Checking off bills against disbursements, securing missing vouchers, liaising with costs;
– Write up of all closed cases of interest for publishing, maintaining all journals, consideration of journals and feedback to fee earners re cases or issue of note, contributions to the firm’s website from a CN perspective
– CN filing where necessary – ensuring all filing in appropriate location and folder appropriately labelled, collation of documents for Instructions to Counsel and Bundles for Court.
Competitive salary + bonus
Job Type: Full-time
New Claims Team (Evenings and Saturdays)
- Answering incoming calls to potential clients, assessing the type of claim they would like to make and filling out the corresponding claim form
- Working to a variety of different specifications for different departments in processing new claims
- Using ML System – proclaim, access and word to document all new claims and process them
- Speaking to Claims Management Company’s – getting them updates, passing clients through to relevant departments/fee earners
- Taking messages
- Speaking to Insurance companies about RTA Claims – stance on liability
- No cold calling – inbound calls.
- Looking for someone who is polite, friendly and has a good telephone manner
- Someone that can put a client at ease
- Someone that can get to the route of the client’s claim to get the relevant information needed without being insensitive
- Someone that can handle volume as it is a quick turn around
- That is eager to progress and to prove their worth
That has initiative to work on their own but is also a team player