We are always looking for talented people to join our growing team. Whether you’re legally qualified or interested in joining as part of our support team, our success depends on recruiting exceptional talent so that we can keep providing the highest quality legal services to our clients.
£20,000 – £25,000
Founded in March 2001 Michael Lewin Solicitors has quickly grown from a small local practice to a medium sized national firm offering a wide variety of specialist legal services to individuals and businesses. Today it employs over 80 people (fee earners and support teams) in the North of Leeds. The Firm prides its selves on the very highest standards of customer service and a very personal nature of work.
We have a requirement for an experienced Cost Draftsmen to join the team. The purpose of this role is to provide costs negotiation following payment of damages in all areas of the Firm, but predominantly Personal Injury.
The candidate should have significant experience in drafting and negotiating legal costs and experience of handling own case load. The ideal Candidate will have the ability to:
- Drafting Bills
- Drafting Schedules of Costs
- Drafting Estimates of Cost
- Drafting Statements of Costs for Summary Assessment
- Drafting Precedent H documents
- Negotiating Adverse Costs
- Drafting Points of Dispute and Points in Response
- Negotiating costs
- Conduct Part 8 Cost Proceedings
- Be able to work with paper files and a Paperless case system
- Progress a cost file from Drafting the Bill through to Provisional and/or Detailed Assessment.
The successful applicant must be a good costs all-rounder who can handle the full costs cycle with a minimum of 2 years’ relevant costs experience.
The Candidate will have a very good understanding of the CPR, but in particular all costs rules, Part 7 litigation and Part 8 litigation. They will be IT literate and be able to draft Bills using Excel format. An understanding of the Case Management System Proclaim is also helpful, but not a requirement.
Key Skills Required
The successful candidates must have:-
- 2 Years’ experience
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent numerical skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills with ability to process information using relevant software (databases, spreadsheet packages).
- Business acumen
- The ability to work and be managed as part of a team.
All CVs and Covering Letters should be submitted to Katie Bell by email.
We believe in developing the skills of our employees and providing exciting opportunities for you to excel in both your professional and personal growth. We are also committed to making Michael Lewin Solicitors a fun, supportive environment to work in.
Even if we do not have vacancies advertised, you can send a speculative CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter explaining why you’d like to work for Michael Lewin Solicitors and the kind of role you’re looking for. Your CV will be retained in our talent bank and we’ll be in touch when a suitable role becomes available.