We are always looking for talented people to join our growing team. Whether you’re legally qualified or interested in joining as part of our support team, our success depends on recruiting exceptional talent so that we can keep providing the highest quality legal services to our clients.
Job Title: Paralegal/Legal Executive (35 Hours per week)
Reporting to: Head of Employment Department
£18,000 – £28,000 based on experience, plus bonus.
Founded in March 2001 Michael Lewin Solicitors has quickly grown from a small local practice to a medium sized national firm offering a wide variety of specialist legal services to individuals and businesses. Today it employs over 80 people (fee earners and support teams) in the North of Leeds. The Firm prides its selves on the very highest standards of customer service and a very personal nature of work.
Key Tasks (not an exhaustive list)
- Assisting the Head of Department and other solicitors with complex contentious employment matters (predominantly Claimant).
- Managing a case load (under supervision).
- Assisting with non-contentious Respondent matters (i.e. drafting disciplinary documents, grievance response letters, contracts of employment and staff handbooks).
- Undertaking fee earning work and providing a profitable contribution to the Employment Department.
- A competent understanding of Employment Law and the Employment Tribunal process.
- Paralegal or Legal Executive with a minimum of 1 years’ experience of dealing with contentious Employment Law matters (as a guide).
- Experience of working in an Employment Law Department or similar.
- Experience of using case management system and time recording (ideally Proclaim).
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and literacy skills.
- Motivated to learn and progress within the Employment Department.
- Flexible attitude to work.
- Excellent organisational skills.
Please send your CV and cover letter to FreyaCumiskey@michaellewin.co.uk
28th May 2018
We believe in developing the skills of our employees and providing exciting opportunities for you to excel in both your professional and personal growth. We are also committed to making Michael Lewin Solicitors a fun, supportive environment to work in.
Even if we do not have vacancies advertised, you can send a speculative CV to email@example.com with a covering letter explaining why you’d like to work for Michael Lewin Solicitors and the kind of role you’re looking for. Your CV will be retained in our talent bank and we’ll be in touch when a suitable role becomes available.