Michael Lewin’s expert employer liability solicitors helped Mr B claim compensation for an injury he sustained at work; our extremely dedicated lawyers were able to secure £4000.00 in compensation on behalf of Mr B from London.

Mr B had to use the wrong equipment at work in order to still carry out his required activities. Mr B normally used the appropriate equipment for making soup at work. On one occasion Mr B had to use a smoothie maker in order to be able to make the soup as the correct piece of equipment was broken. Mr B suffered serious and painful burns as a result of having to use the wrong equipment to make soup.

Harm is caused by either the action or sometimes the inaction of the employer. Some actions which could be considered harmful to employers could include an employer removing a safety guard for cutting equipment thus increasing the likelihood for an accident to occur. An inaction causing harm could be something as simple as an employer not replacing a mat by the entrance to the building and this causing a slip or trip. Another inaction which frequently occurs is employers not insisting that warning signs are in place when liquids are spilt on the floor.

If as an employee you feel that your employer has failed to either act or they have been negligent by an inaction which could reasonably have been predicted to cause an accident then you can take legal action to get compensation. Michael Lewin can provide detailed legal advice on the circumstances of your case.

Mr B made the right decision when he consulted Michael Lewin Solicitors about making a claim for compensation for an injury at work in London.

Every UK employer has a duty of care. This is critical to the health safety and general welfare of all employees. Not all employers are aware of the implications of the duty of care. But it doesn?t matter how small a business happens to be. Where there’s any member of staff there is a duty of care responsibility.

An employer should have a person who deals with health and safety matters. This person must be legally competent. In other words that person should have the ability to understand the concerns around health and safety. In many smaller businesses the owner will take the responsibility for the health and safety whilst in larger organisations there may be a few staff with health and safety issues as their full time role.

When it comes to duty of care the primary job of the competent person is to carry out a risk assessment. This needs to identify the health and safety risks of each employee in the workplace.

Michael Lewin Solicitors are extremely knowledgeable and experienced in the field of claiming compensation for accidents at work. We were able to secure £4000.00 in compensation for Mr B for the injuries he sustained in the accident that was not his fault.

To claim compensation now for an injury at work call Michael Lewin Solicitors in London on: 0844 499 9302.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment