If you need compensation advice about claiming for your criminal injuries you need the solicitors at Michael Lewin in the UK.

You can claim criminal injuries compensation against the CICA providing your case qualifies for an award. The CICA has very strict laws and regulations about making awards so it is always best to get an experienced solicitor to present your case to the CICA. The solicitors at Michael Lewin have plenty of experience in dealing with the CICA and we will be able to produce your case to them in a manner that will be found favourable.

This means that we will do all the hard work for you liaising with the necessary bodies and professionals so that all the paperwork necessary to evaluate your claim is handed over. If we do this then your claim will be settled in a timelier manner than if the CICA have to ask for missing information constantly.

Not all claims will be accepted by the CICA which is why it is worth talking your case through with a legal professional before proceeding. We can offer you an assessment of your case over the phone if needs be and will be able to advise you about the best course of action to take with your case. Mrs P’s case could not be taken any further as she had not met with all of the qualifying criteria below.

Compensation advice is available for victims of criminal acts of violence who have sustained injuries in an incident that took place in the UK.

If you can answer the following qualifying questions positively you may be entitled to start your claim:
? Have you been the innocent victim in a criminal act of violence? By innocent we mean that you did not provoke your attacker or instigate the fight.
? Did you report the incident to the police as soon as possible after the incident? If you failed to co-operate with the police and prevented them from catching and prosecuting the person responsible for your injuries the CICA will to make an award to you.
? Did you seek medical treatment for the injuries that you sustained? The level of your injuries is what determines the amount of compensation you are awarded.
? Has the incident happened in the last two years? Only in cases of abuse will this time limit be extended.

If you need compensation advice for criminal injuries in UK about you eligibility to claim call Michael Lewin Solicitors on: 0844 499 9302.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment