Michael Lewin were thrilled to be able to help Mr M to get compensation for the accident he suffered at work. We were pleased to be able to get an astonishing £8000.00 on his behalf.

Mr M from Southall in Greater London was 27 when he had to make a claim after an accident at work. He had been asked by his employer to assemble a machine in work; whilst he was attempting to assemble the machine he severed a tendon.

Severed tendons are usually treated with surgery though occasionally simple rest will eventually fix the problem. Post-surgery exercises are needed for the tendon to heal correctly.

Our client needed post-operative care to be able to recover properly. We were able to get him financial compensation so he could afford some extra physiotherapy if he wants some in the future.

Adequate information training and instruction is required for all workers but this is not a set amount. This will be dependent on the age and competency of the employees; for new processes or young/inexperienced employees the supervision will need to be on a far more frequent basis than for established working procedures. Also training to use a computer can allow mistakes which will not be costly in terms of employee’s physical well-being but mistakes cannot be allowed to happen when younger workers are in charge of welding equipment or large electrically powered blades.

Section 3 requires the employer to ensure that people not employed but who could be affected by his operation are not placed at risk. The general public customers visitors or contractors attending the site might need training or supervision to minimise the risk to their health and safety while on site or relevant personal protective equipment (PPE) along with training on how to use it correctly may need to be provided.

I need compensation after an accident at work; can Michael Lewin’s experts give me help on a no win no fee basis? Every UK employer has a duty of care. This is critical to the health safety and general welfare of all employees. Not all employers are aware of the implications of the duty of care. But it doesn?t matter how small a business happens to be. Where there’s any member of staff there is a duty of care responsibility.

An employer should have a person who deals with health and safety matters. This person must be legally competent. In other words that person should have the ability to understand the concerns around health and safety.

Michael Lewin will always give advice about whether we can help and what figure you may be entitled to in the way of compensation for free.

Michael Lewin can get compensation for an accident at work; call us today: 0844 499 9302.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment