The criminal injuries solicitors at Michael Lewin will be able to help you pursue compensation if you are the blameless victim of a criminal act of violence.

Miss A was the innocent victim of a random attack. Miss A sustained injuries in the attack so she decided to seek legal help from the experts at Michael Lewin. We assessed Miss A’s case and decided that she had a strong case for making a successful claim. Her case met with all the criteria that is regulated by the authorities so we advised her to proceed with making her claim.

Miss A had just left her place of work at the time the incident occurred. As she was walking away from work Miss A saw two people near the bus stop she thought nothing of it and carried on walking. Miss A turned down an alley way to continue walking home when she heard footsteps approaching quickly from behind.

A girl approached Miss A from behind and asked her for the time. Miss A looked at her phone for the time and as she did so the attacker tried to snatch Miss A’s phone. Miss A pulled her phone away from the offender and at this point the girl decided to attack Miss A. Miss A suffered soft tissue damage and muscular injuries to the neck and lacerations to her face. As a result of the attack Miss A has also suffered back pain and bruising to her back.

The criminal injuries solicitors at Michael Lewin were satisfied that Miss A’s case was genuine and are currently working hard on her behalf to secure her the compensation she deserves.

You can make a claim for compensation even if you do not know who your attacker was. Miss A was able to identify her attacker. The girl responsible for Miss A’s injuries is known to the police and the police are taking action to prosecute the girl.

Sometimes if you are the victim of a crime and the offender is being prosecuted in a court of law the courts will award you compensation automatically without you having to make a claim. If you are satisfied with the amount you were awarded you do not need to take further action. If you are not satisfied you can pursue your attacker for compensation in a civil court. You can even pursue compensation in a civil court if your attacker was not found guilty.

You can also apply to the criminal injuries compensation authority if you have been injured through no fault of your own in an act of violence. The CICA was created by the government so that they could compensate victims of violent crime. If you need the help of Michael Lewin’s criminal injuries solicitors call: 0844 499 9302.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment