Mr K was awarded compensation when he made a claim for injuries he sustained when he was struck by a forklift truck; he sought legal advice from Michael Lewin Solicitors regarding forklift truck accidents in the UK and making a claim for his injuries.

Mr K from West Bromwich in the Midlands was 51 years old at the time of the accident. He was at wholesalers? premises when he was hit by a forklift truck.

The accident left him with unpleasant injuries which he was forced to endure through no fault of his own. Anyone who is unsure if they are entitled to make a claim for compensation can speak to a specialist personal injury solicitor at Michael Lewin. Anyone can read the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 which is a major piece of legislation covering occupational health and safety in the United Kingdom. The full text is available on the UK legislation website and can be downloaded free of charge.

The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 imposes general duties for health and safety on employers employees and others such as landlords manufacturers suppliers and designers.

Michael Lewin have dealt with claims for various forklift truck accidents which have occurred either at work or in a public place in the UK and they accept all genuine cases on a no win no fee basis Michael Lewin recover all of their costs from the third party so their clients don?t have to pay any money up front. They work hard on behalf of their clients to achieve the maximum compensation on their behalf.

Compensation is awarded for pain suffering and loss of amenity. Loss of amenity covers things such as not being able to continue a hobby continue a chosen career or carry out domestic tasks.

Special damages can include part of your claim for example lost wages travelling expenses (e.g. for attending medical appointments) prescriptions private medical treatment the cost of repairing or replacing damaged property (including your car) the cost of private care or the equivalent value of care given by family members. This part of your claim can run into £1000s if you have been unable to go to work.

You are entitled to claim compensation if you can prove that your accident was someone else’s fault. It could be the fault of your employer a fellow employee or even another company which is based at your place of work. As long as there is a clear case of third party negligence you can make a claim

The main eligible claims for accidents at work which might result in injuries are:
? Unsuitable or damaged equipment
? An unsafe system of work
? Dangerous working practices
? Contact with dangerous materials
? Poor health and safety

If you have been injured by a forklift truck or been involved in any accidents which were not your fault and you think you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation call Michael Lewin Solicitors in the UK on: 0844 499 9302

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment