Compliance Solution for General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
GDPR Full Service Audit
General Data Protection Regulations (GDP) comes into force on 25 May 2018 and all businesses will have to comply with stringent new data protection regulations. Failure to do so could result in fines up to 4% of a business’s turnover or €20 million.
There has been considerable debate, myths and concern about the implementation of the new data protection laws. All businesses, irrespective of size, scope or turnover, will be subject to new provisions under GDPR which will place a far greater onus on proactive compliance with the legislation.
Businesses will need to demonstrate that they have recognised policies and procedures in place relevant to the management of data protection but further than this, businesses will need to understand the contractual position they have with clients, suppliers and third parties to ensure that they are compliant even if there has not been a specific complaint. A business will need to be able to demonstrate to the Information Commissioner, upon request, that they have compliant procedures.
Some of the factors businesses need to consider include:
- What personal data do you collect?
- How long do you retain data for?
- How do you store and retain data?
- Do you have a lawful reason to retain data?
- With whom do you share data and does this comply with GDPR?
Michael Lewin Solicitors Limited are offering a full audit service on a fixed fee basis whereby we will:
- Discuss and understand your business structure so as to understand what data you collect and require;
- Prepare a written advice as to steps you ought to take in order to ensure compliance;
- Draft an appropriate privacy statement for your website and production to clients as appropriate to your business
Following our initial audit we may also recommend other additional steps which may include:
- Formalising or amendment of contracts with suppliers, clients or third parties;
- Implementation of an internal data protection policy for staff;
- Training of staff members;
- Review of Employment Contracts and Induction process
Our Fees for the Audit
Businesses with fewer than 30 Employees – £750 plus VAT for preparation of the audit
Businesses with 31 – 50 Employees – £850 plus VAT for preparation of the audit
Businesses with 51 – 74 Employees – £1,000 plus VAT for preparation of the audit
Businesses with 75 – 99 Employees – £1,200 plus VAT for preparation of the audit
Businesses with 100+ Employees – By quotation only
Meet The Head Of Department
Director and Chartered Legal Executive
Call 0113 200 9787 to speak to one of our solicitors.