Mr T sustained a hand injury at work during a dangerous and preventable accident; he contacted Michael Lewin Solicitors to discuss making a claim for compensation in the UK as the accident was not his fault.

Mr T from Bath was 40 years old when he cut his hand in a nasty accident at work. His hand ran over a blade when he was cleaning a machine..

The accident was a shock and left Mr T bleeding and in pain.

Employers must ensure that they comply with legal requirements including:

? Avoid potentially dangerous work involving manual handling; if these risks cannot be avoided they must be reduced.

? Provide health supervision as required.

? Provide protective clothing and/or equipment.

? Ensure that the correct warning signs are provided.

All employers have more statutory requirements but these are some of the main ones should your employers not have met these legal minimum requirements we can help. Call us to discuss the potential compensation you could claim if your employer neglected to fulfil his legal requirements.

If you can tick any or all of these statements you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation;

o I have been involved in an accident which was not my fault

o I have suffered from injuries as a result of this accident

o My accident took place at work in a public place or may be covered by owners liability

o I have suffered from financial losses as a result of my accident

Call our helpful staff today to find out how much compensation you could be entitled to claim.

Mr T’s ordeal was unnecessary and because he wasn?t to blame for his hand injury and it occurred at work he could make a claim for compensation; Michael Lewin accept claims for non-fault accidents in the UK on a no win no fee basis.

Accidents at work which involve machinery usually occur as a result of misuse or a malfunction. An employer is responsible for ensuring that all machinery is working correctly and that all employees have received adequate training.

Mr T was awarded £4000.00 for his injury.

Compensation is awarded for pain suffering and loss of amenity. Loss of amenity covers things such as not being able to continue a hobby continue a chosen career or carry out domestic tasks.

Special damages can include part of your claim for example lost wages travelling expenses (e.g. for attending medical appointments) prescriptions private medical treatment the cost of repairing or replacing damaged property (including your car) the cost of private care or the equivalent value of care given by family members. This part of your claim can run into £1000s if you have been unable to go to work.

If you have suffered a hand injury at work or sustained any injury at work through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation; if you think you have a genuine claim call Michael Lewin Solicitors in the UK on: 0844 499 9302.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment