Michael Lewin Solicitors can help you make an industrial injury claim in the UK if you have suffered damage to your hearing as a result of working in an excessively noisy environment. One quick phone call is all it takes to determine if you have a qualifying industrial disease claim for occupational deafness compensation.

Mr M had a qualifying claim for industrial injury compensation for the hearing loss he developed whilst working alongside noisy equipment when he was employed as a mechanical engineer. Mr M lost a significant degree of his hearing and could link it directly to the work he was doing. As a result we were able to secure a total of £14578.00 in compensation for Mr M.

One of the laws that will apply to many industries is the control of noise in the workplace regulations that were introduced in 2005; these replaced the noise at work regulations that were introduced in 1989. Your employer under the control of noise at work act 2005 must ensure that measures are in place so that employees who work in an area of their business where the noise emissions exceed the maximum exposure limits are protected from developing occupational deafness. These measures include making sure that an appropriate level of ear protection is provided along with comprehensive training about how to use the equipment and what procedures are in place for reporting faulty hearing protection and replacing it.

You should consider making an industrial injury claim if you are suffering from hearing loss that has developed because you were working in a high risk job in the UK. You can claim an award under UK regulations if your employer put you at risk in the working environment.

Michael Lewin Solicitors have an outstanding team of specialists who are dedicated to helping innocent victims of high risk occupational environments claim the compensation they are legally entitled to for the illness or injury they are suffering from. Your employer is legally responsible for providing you with a workplace that is safe to work in without running the risk of sustaining an injury or contracting an industrial disease.

Many health and safety regulations are now enforced and all employers are legally obliged to abide by the regulations that are in place which relate to their specific industry. Some health and safety laws may not apply to certain industries but will apply to others; if an employer is unsure about the health and safety regulations that apply to their industry it is their responsibility to seek further guidance. Employers must also ensure that the work place is risk assessed by a competent professional so they can identify the risks in the workplace which may be a hazard and check the health and safety rules regarding the risks in the workplace.

To start an industrial injury claim for hearing loss compensation in the UK you need to call one of the industrial disease experts from the personal injury team at Michael Lewin Solicitors on: 0844 499 9302.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment