Mother Calls For Investigation Into Candle After it Exploded and Set Her Kitchen on Fire

Mother Calls For Investigation Into Candle After it Exploded and Set Her Kitchen on Fire

A mother was left struggling to extinguish a blaze in her kitchen after a Morrisons candle exploded.
Lucy Cheyne bought the candle and glass holder from a Dover Morrisons store.
The candle and glass candle holder both exploded and caught on fire burning the kitchen floor of her Cowrdray Square home.
She told Kent online that despite throwing a bowl of water on to the blaze it wouldn’t go out. Miss Cheyne then had to throw water on the blaze around three more times.
She told Kent Online that her main concern was for her nine-year-old son Charlie.
“My son was in the house at the time. He could have been badly burnt.”
After the fire she took the scorched glass fragments back to the shop and didn’t receive the service she expected.
“They just didn’t take me seriously. They offered me a replacement candle and I said I don’t want to go near one now.”
Miss Cheyne told the paper that she thought that the store should have done more to check if the product was faulty.
She contacted the Morrisons head office in Coventry and Trading Standards.
The pieces of the glass holder have been sent away so that they can be examined.
Miss Cheyne told the paper that she had been passed from customer service representative to customer service representative and after not getting any answers she was told that she must have left the candle unattended and she was responsible.
She wants the candles recalled and has called for a re-investigation.
Read the original story here

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment