I have been involved in a motor accident and I want to make a claim. The accident was two years ago do I still qualify for compensation? Yes you can make a claim for personal injury up to three years after the incident in which you were injured occurred providing you were not responsible for the accident occurring.

What can I claim compensation for?

You can claim compensation for two different things. The two elements that make up a compensation award are known as ?general damages? and ‘special expenses?. If you have sustained an injury in a car accident and you have not suffered financially in any way you will be given an award for general damages. This award is paid to accident victims who have sustained an injury for their pain and suffering. Also included in this part of the award amount is provisions for any loss of amenity you have suffered as a direct result of you injury; this could be things like not being able to care for dependent children or dependant adults.

The special expenses part of you r award is to cover any financial losses that have arisen because of your car accident injury. If your car accident was so bad that for example you could not work for three months afterwards you may have struggled money wise because you are not being paid a full wage for this recovery period. You can claim your loss of earnings back under the special expenses element of the personal injury award.

If you have been involved in a motor accident and you want to check your eligibility to make a claim one of the personal injury solicitors at Michael Lewin will be happy to assess your case over the phone.

In order for you to be able to claim for special expenses on top of your award for general damages it is helpful if you keep a record of any financial losses you have incurred in the recovery period following the accident. Some examples of losses evidence we may need are as follows:

? Your wage slips provided by your employer. It does not matter if your wage slips are issued weekly fortnightly or monthly but you do need to keep all of them for the recovery period that you were off work somewhere safe to hand to your solicitor.

? Any fuel receipts along with a mileage chart and any parking tickets you have purchased for any hospital appointments you have had to attend as a result of your injuries. The cost of travelling to a place of rehabilitation can mount up so it is worth keeping evidence of these expenses.

? Any prescriptions you have had to pay for again these are expensive and we may be able to secure reimbursement.

Thanks to the experts at Michael Lewin Solicitors Mr S received full reimbursement for his personal injury; he was awarded a substantial four figure sum in compensation.

To start your motor accident claim today call the dedicated personal injury lawyers at Michael Lewin Solicitors on: 0844 844 8180.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment