Michael Lewin Solicitors are experts in Industrial Disease compensation and illness claims, and our Industrial Disease team offer a FREE consultation to those who feel they may have a claim against their former employers.


  • No Win, No Fee Available
  • Dedicated and highly skilled Industrial Disease claims team
  • All claims undertaken
  • Free initial advice from a qualified Industrial Disease solicitor
  • Experts in Tinnitus compensation claims
  • High success rate for clients
  • National coverage

Michael Lewin Solicitors are experts in Industrial Disease and illness, and our Industrial Injury Compensation team offers a FREE consultation to those who feel they may have a claim against their former employers.
There are many types of industrial disease that may arise out of exposure to harmful substances, excessive levels of noise or unsafe practices in the workplace.

If you are suffering from symptoms of an industrial disease that you believe may be the fault of your former (or current) employer, then please get in touch today. Below is a list of some of the most common types of industrial disease however, this list is not exhaustive and we can help with many other claim types.

We could help you get some compensation for any pain, suffering and financial loss that you are likely to have incurred.

industrial disease claim

Whether you’re suffering from noise induced hearing loss, RSI or contact dermatitis and want to make an industrial disease claim against your employer, we know from our many year’s experience in recovering compensation that you are bound to have questions. If you don’t find the answer to your question in our industrial disease FAQ, then please drop us a message via our contact form below. Our team of specialist solicitors will get back to you as soon as possible with an answer to your query.

Do you have symptoms which may be connected to your working environment?
Even when the company you worked for is no longer in operation – if we can trace their insurers we can pursue a claim on your behalf.

Either way, if we can prove your employer was negligent, then you may have a claim.

Michael Lewin Solicitors have recovered hundreds of thousands of pounds in compensation for people injured as a direct result of their work environment in England and Wales.

Established more than 15 years ago we have a superb reputation for customer service and speed of response.

We have a very friendly team of highly qualified legal advisors who will help you every step of the way.

Our promise to you is we will get you the compensation you deserve; as quickly as possible.

Since we operate on a No-Win-No-Fee basis, you have nothing to lose and potentially everything to gain

Give us a call on 0113 200 9787 or text us on INFO HC to 80010. Alternatively, please use the claim form below to get in touch with our team.

industrial disease claims

We have many years of personal injury experience, having successfully recovered millions of pounds in compensation for our clients.
We have helped a wide variety of people injured in many different areas of employment obtain as much money as possible for more than a decade.

This wealth of knowledge and experience combined with our unrivalled level of determination to get you what is rightfully yours sets us apart from the rest.

We offer the very highest standard of customer care, whilst being warm, friendly and courteous, and ensure that every step of the claim process is as clear and straightforward as possible.

If you believe you may be suffering from a work related illness/industrial disease and believe that has been caused by the negligence of a former employer or a combination of employers, call us on 0113 200 9787 or email us at wri@michaellewin.co.uk.

Our friendly team of legal advisors will be able to tell you within a matter of minutes if you have the right to compensation.

This does vary very much depending on the circumstances, but typically between 12 and 24 months.

It’s easy! Call us now on 0113 200 9787 or email us at wri@michaellewin.co.uk or text us on INFO HC to 80010 and one of our legal experts will call you back with an instant decision on whether you have a claim.

Industrial Disease FAQ's

What will I receive?

If you have a claim for Work Related Illness, you will receive 64% of the compensation we obtain on your behalf.

What is Industrial Disease?

An industrial disease is any chronic ailment that occurs as a result of work or occupational activity. In order to receive compensation, this ailment needs to have been caused by your employer or employers due to their negligence regarding your safety.

I worked for my employer 30 years ago and I don’t think the company exists anymore. Can I still claim?

Yes. We have resources that enable us to track down employer liability insurance policies for dissolved companies in the majority of cases.

I have never been diagnosed by my GP as having this condition. Can I still claim?

Yes. As part of our investigations, we will require you to attend a medical examination by an expert in order to assess your injury and place a value on any injury that is diagnosed.

Will I have to fill in lots of paperwork?

Certainly not! We will do most of the paperwork for you, and explain every step of the process in a friendly and easy way to understand.

Will I need to meet you face to face?

Although you are more than welcome to do so, we usually correspond with our clients by telephone and post.

Only in very exceptional circumstances will it be necessary for you to come in to our offices.

Our experts will handle every aspect of your claim and keep you updated on a regular basis.

Will I have to go to Court?

It is very unlikely that you will have to go to Court. Most cases are settled via telephone or written negotiation.

We will do everything we can to avoid unnecessary court appearances.

Will I have to have a medical examination?

Yes. It is necessary to obtain a medical report so that your solicitor can place an accurate value on your injuries. Your medical appointment will be at a convenient time and place close to where you live.

What exactly can I claim for?

You are entitled to make a claim for your personal injury, any loss of earnings, travel and medical expenses, any care required, and any other out of pocket expenses.

Are you able to arrange my treatment?

Yes. We work with a number of rehabilitation providers who are able to assess your needs and arrange the appropriate course of treatment.

These charges will be claimed from your employer’s insurance company, meaning that you are not out of pocket.

What will this cost? How will my claim be funded?

Your claim is likely to be run under a Conditional Fee Agreement.

Client Testimonials

  • I am very pleased with the outcome of my noise induced hearing loss claim. We were kept informed with every aspect in a friendly and professional manner. I would have no hesitation in recommending yourselves to family and friends, or anyone! Thank you most sincerely.

    Mr L Timpson from Manchester


Simply complete this short form and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Have you worked in noisy environments in England or Wales? *
 Yes No

Have you ever discussed hearing loss with a
doctor/medical professional? *
 Yes No

Have you claimed before? *
 Yes No

When did you realise your hearing loss had been caused
by working in a noisy environment?*

Your confidentiality is always assured and we aim to provide excellence in our client care.


See what our customers think of us…

find out more


See staff from this department

find out more

Think you might have work related hearing loss?

Contact us for a free hearing test