Has your personal injury claim been under-settled? Were you not advised about funding options or insurance cover? Did your employment lawyers fail to include a claim for personal injuries within your Tribunal Claim?
- No Win, No Fee may be available on Solicitor Negligence claims
- Dedicated and highly skilled legal team will deal with your Solicitor Negligence case
- Experts at early resolution
- Free initial advice from a qualified solicitor
- High success rate for clients
- National coverage
The legal profession has changed substantially in recent years particularly in areas such as personal injury and employment. As a result of costs cuts and other changes, many firms are employing lesser or unqualified staff and relying heavily on precedent letters. As a result we expect that the number of claims against Solicitors for professional negligence will increase.
Michael Lewin Solicitors are experts in claims for negligence against solicitors. Common negligence issues we have found include:
Personal Injury Law
- Failing to advise about funding options or deductions from damages
- Failing to obtain adequate After the Event Insurance
- Failing to claim appropriate financial losses such as loss of pension, care costs and loss of earnings
- Failing to obtain evidence material to the issue of liability, such as obtaining appropriate witness evidence.
- Failing to obtain appropriate medical evidence, for instance not obtaining a report from a psychiatrist in respect of psychiatric injuries or failing to obtain pain management reports.
- Failing to issue proceedings inside the primary limitation period.
Negligence in respect of personal injury claims may have occurred even if your claim was successful and damages were recovered. We have seen claims for instance where relatively nominal damages were recovered but Solicitors had failed to obtain important medical evidence which would have substantially increased the value of the claim.
- Failing to advise about appropriate civil claims such as claims for Stress at Work or Breach of Contract which may have better prospects than a claim in the Tribunal or where it may be more economical to pursue in the Courts;
- Failing to issue the claim within the limitation period;
- Failing to include claims for personal injury in claims for discrimination;
- Incorrectly advising clients that personal injury is not recoverable in discrimination claims;
- Incorrectly advising on settlement agreements and in particular failing to discuss all potential claims that an individual will waive (for instance civil claims) by signing a settlement agreement;
- Failing to appropriate advise on an individual costs liabilities and the economic factors associated with pursuing tribunal proceedings;
- Failing to adequately advise Claimants on the merits of the claim or the types of claim which may be pursued.
Employment law is complex and there are significant overlaps with other areas of the law, for instance personal injury and civil litigation. One of the biggest areas in which we see negligence arises because Employment lawyers do not adequately understand or identify this overlap thereby causing Claimants to lose the right to pursue alternative claims.
If you believe that you have been a victim of professional negligence by a solicitor then we may be able to assist. We will assess your claim on a no win no fee basis and give impartial advice regarding the merits of a potential claim or the conduct of your current or former solicitors.
If you believe that you have a negligence claim against a solicitor and would like a free assessment of your claim, then please call us now on 0844 499 9302 or email email@example.com or simple complete the form opposite to start your claim.