Michael Lewin Solicitors are leading Personal Injury and Professional Negligence Lawyers. We are able to offer expert advice on all potential claims you may have. Our expertise in Personal Injury means that we are expertly placed to assess the conduct of other Solicitors. We will conduct an initial assessment of your claim for free and act for the vast majority of our clients under the terms of a no win, no fee agreement. Call us now on 0844 499 9302 or email email@example.com to make a claim. Alternatively just complete the short form below.
- No Win, No Fee may be available on Professional Negligence claims
- Dedicated and highly skilled legal team will deal with your Professional Negligence case
- Experts in code of conduct claims
- Free initial advice from a qualified solicitor
- High success rate for clients
- National coverage
Employment Law is a complex area of law and is ever evolving. Employment lawyers must keep abreast of the changes but also how Employment Law interacts with other areas of law such as Personal Injury and Contract.
As a consequence, individuals can find that they are settling Employment disputes or not pursuing Tribunal claims due to poor or incorrect advice.
Common issues we encounter are as follows:
- Employment lawyers failing to advise on possible claims in the Court such as claims for Stress at Work, Personal Injury or Breach of Contract which can in certain circumstances be more attractive than the Tribunal claims.
- Employment Lawyers failing or refusing to include claims for personal injury within the Tribunal proceedings for discrimination;
- Employment lawyers failing to obtain appropriate medical evidence of psychiatric injuries or failing to value claims for psychiatric injuries in the Employment Tribunal.
- Employment lawyers failing to advise of losses such as shares and bonuses within Settlement Agreements;
Failing to Advise on Costs
Another issue we often see if that Employment lawyers do not always appropriate advise on the cost benefit of Tribunal proceedings. Generally legal costs are not recoverable in the Employment Tribunal and therefore individuals must be conscious of the amount that they spend on legal costs against the potential value of the claim.
For instance we have seen claims where individuals have paid almost as much in legal fees as their claim was worth. Solicitors have a duty to advise clients in terms of their costs but this duty goes further and Solicitors ought to advise not only their own costs but the potential level of damages in order for clients to make informed decisions about how economical it is to proceed with legal representation.
If you have receive a settlement in excess of £10,000 but were not advised of the possibility of setting up a Personal Injury Trust then you may have a claim.
My Claim Has Not Settled – Do I Have a Claim?
If you claim is ongoing and you are concerned about whether you claim will be under settled we are happy to provide a second opinion on the basis of any settlement and where appropriate we may be able to take over conduct of the file to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
We act for the vast majority of our clients under a risk free no win, no fee agreement (also known as a Conditional Fee Agreement) supported by an After the Event insurance scheme which means that it is entirely risk free for you to pursue a claim.
For a free initial assessment regarding your potential Professional Negligence claim call us now on 0844 499 9302 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a claim. Alternatively just complete the short form below.