Michael Lewin Solicitors are leading Personal Injury and Professional Negligence Lawyers. We are Members of the Law Society Personal Injury Panel and are able to offer expert advice on all potential claims you may have. Our expertise in Personal Injury means that we are expertly placed to assess the conduct of other Solicitors. We will conduct an initial assessment of your claim for free and act for the vast majority of our clients under the terms of a no win, no fee agreement.
Call us now on 0844 499 9302 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a claim. Alternatively just complete the short form below.
- No Win, No Fee may be available on Professional Negligence claims
- Dedicated and highly skilled legal team will deal with your Professional Negligence case
- Experts in code of conduct claims
- Free initial advice from a qualified solicitor
- High success rate for clients
- National coverage
In recent years there have been a number of changes in Personal Injury law and in particular legal fees have reduced significantly. This has unfortunately resulted in many firms reducing the level of experience of many individuals handling such claims or has resulted in firms looking to settle Personal Injury Claims earlier.
This can lead to claims being settled too quickly, before full medical evidence is obtained, or for an amount less than what the claim is worth.
Common issues we encounter are as follows:
- Firms failing to obtain appropriate experts for instance failing to obtain evidence from a psychological expert in respect of psychiatric injuries or pain management experts where injuries are protracted.
- Firms failing to include all appropriate special damages, for instance failing to claim loss of pension or loss of earnings;
- Firms failing to claim for Care Costs for any care or assistance provided after an accident or injury;
- Firms failing to claim for loss of services (see Proctor v Raley Solicitors (2015) EWCA Civ 400)
- Firms failing to advise clients about the risks of settling claims prior to resolution of their injuries.
Personal Injury Claims can be complex and sometimes the injuries can be far more serious than they first appear particularly for instance following road traffic accidents where injuries may at first appear to be purely of a soft tissue nature but this can result in firms failing to consider the psychiatric aspect of an injury or the possibility of chronic pain disorders.
Failing to Advise on Personal Injury Trusts
Even if the settlement achieved was reasonable, a firm of Solicitors may be negligent if they have failed to advise an individual regarding the possibility of setting up a Personal Injury Trust.
This is particularly relevant to individuals who are in receipt of state funded benefits as the purpose of a Personal Injury Trust is to protect the individual from losing their state funded benefits are receipt of a compensation payment.
If you have receive a settlement in excess of £10,000 but were not advised of the possibility of setting up a Personal Injury Trust then you may have a claim.
My Claim Has Not Settled – Do I Have a Claim?
If you claim is ongoing and you are concerned about whether you claim will be under settled we are happy to provide a second opinion on the basis of any settlement and where appropriate we may be able to take over conduct of the file to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
We act for the vast majority of our clients under a risk free no win, no fee agreement (also known as a Conditional Fee Agreement) supported by an After the Event insurance scheme which means that it is entirely risk free for you to pursue a claim.
For a free initial assessment regarding your potential Professional Negligence claim call us now on 0844 499 9302 or email email@example.com to make a claim. Alternatively just complete the short form below.