Michael Lewin Solictors are experts in dealing with personal injury compensation claims for people injured in accidents in public places.
If you were not to blame in any way for the accident that caused you to suffer personal injury, you may be eligible to make a compensation claim.
We operate from offices in Leeds, but help claimants in all of England and Wales. Rest assured, your case will be in good hands.
Make An Accident In Public Place Claim Today
- No Win, No Fee on all claims
- Dedicated and highly skilled Personal Injury Lawyers
- You have three years to make a claim
- Free initial advice from a qualified solicitor
- Pursue any genuine claim at no cost
- High success rate for clients
- National Coverage
Injuries resulting from accidents in public places do vary greatly, and at Michael Lewin Solicitors we have a vast amount of experience of claims involving different levels of injury from cuts and broken bones to very serious life-changing injuries.
We have teams of experienced personal injury solicitors who deal with all claims sensitively, and we deal with many accidents in public places on a daily basis, and in the first instance we will talk you through your claim and provide an honest assessment as to whether we believe you will win and be able to claim compensation.
You are probably aware that appointing an experienced solicitor really can make a difference as to whether a personal injury claim succeeds and also to the amount of compensation we can recover on your behalf – to help you, we offer no win, no fee on claims we take on.
The claim must be made within three years of the date of the accident.
If you have had an accident in a public place, you must be able to show that you suffered injury as a consequence of this in order to be successful in making a compensation claim, as no compensation payout can be awarded for a ‘near miss’.
Michael Lewin Solicitors have helped thousands of clients get the compensation they deserve following accidents including:
- Accidents in shops and supermarkets
- Children’s accidents (including school injuries)
- Accidents in areas owned or managed by local councils
- Railway and bus station, garages, petrol station, car park and taxi ranks
- Poorly maintained roads, footpaths and pavements
- Leisure and theme parks
- Construction and building sites
- Bars, restaurants and pubs
- Schools, collages and universities
- Sports injuries (including football, gym accidents and horse riding injuries)
- Animal bites
How much compensation could I receive for an accident in a public place claim?
Compensation award guidelines can vary depending on the severity of the accident and which body part has been injured/affected by the accident. In some cases, an accident may exacerbate an existing injury but it may still be possible to make a claim.
As an example, the most common injuries suffered in public liability accidents are to the back. Compensation awards vary enormously, depending on the severity and impact of the injury on your life, and how long the injuries last.
As an indication, here’s a range of compensation values for injuries sustained to the back:
- A full recovery is made between a few days and a few months – up to 1,750
- A full recovery is made between a few months and 2 years without surgery – 1,750 to 6,000
- A full or partial recovery within 2-5 years leaving nuisance level symptoms – 6,000 – 9,500
- More complex back injuries can mean higher compensation, with between 65,000 and 115,000 being awarded for the most severe cases.
Get in touch with us today
We pride ourselves as experts in Personal Injury claims and are understanding and dedicated to all of our clients; our client feedback backs this up.
If you have suffered an injury in a public place, contact us today to make a accident in a public place claim with the help of expert solicitors call us on 0113 200 9787, or fill in the enquiry form below and we’ll get back in touch with you.
TYPES OF PI CLAIMS
Meet The Personal Injury Team
Latest Blog Post Articles
An NHS surgeon, Mr Tony Dixon who once helped pioneer the use of mesh in bowel surgery to treat prolapses, is now suspended from surgery. Click to find out more.
We all know that we should start thinking about what may happen to us in later life but many of us think that because it is so far off in the future that we can think about it later. Read more here.
There are many people in the UK who haven’t made a Will and they will often have various reasons rightly or wrongly for not making a Will. Click to find out more.
Struggling with late invoice payments from your clients? Read our top tips on how to prevent late invoices before commencing work here.
GDPR comes into force on 25 May 2018 and we are offering a full audit service on a fixed fee basis. Find out more here about our GDPR services.