Food poisoning solicitors

Developing food poisoning like symptoms can be very frustrating time, especially if your suffering with it whilst abroad. Food poisoning is not to be taken lightly. Long term effects could include irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), psychological illness and chronic fatigue syndrome.

Michael Lewin Solicitors have recovered thousands of pounds in compensation for people involved in food poisoning incidents in England and Wales.

If you would like to make a food poisoning claim, call us now on 0113 200 9787 or email Rest assured, your case will be in good hands.

Make A Food Poisoning Compensation Claim Today


  • No Win, No Fee Available
  • Dedicated and highly skilled Personal Injury Lawyers
  • All claims undertaken
  • Free initial advice from a qualified solicitor
  • High success rate for clients
  • National Coverage

Established over a decade ago we have a superb reputation for customer service and speed of response for clients.

We have a very friendly team of highly qualified legal advisors who will help you every step of the way.

Typically you can expect awards in the range of £650.00 to £37,500.00

Our promise to you is to get you the compensation you deserve as quickly as possible, and since we operate on a No-Win-No-Fee basis – you have nothing to lose and potentially everything to gain.

Most of us enjoy our food.  The preparation, presentation and sharing of a meal with a loved one or going out to celebrate a special occasion are often treasured – sometimes, however, it can turn sour.

Incorrectly prepared/stored or poorly cooked food may lead to bacterial poisoning, which can have devastating consequences – we understand how bad it can be.

Often the appearance of this bacteria is very hard to detect – if you cannot see, smell, or taste its presence it is possible to happily munch through many a delicacy without the slightest hint of bother.

The consequences can be extremely painful and sometimes even result in fatality.

It is not unusual for a whole group of family or friends to contract food poisoning at the same time if they eat a meal together at home or in a restaurant.

Meet The Head Of Department

Emma Bell Head of EL and PL department

 Emma Bell

Head Of EL/PL

Call 0113 200 9787 to speak to one of our personal injury solicitors

Common Types of Bacterial Infection we come across are:

  • Salmonella
  • Listeria
  • E.coli O157
  • Campylobacter
  • Clostridium perfringens.

If you have been the victim of food poisoning through no fault of your own you may have a claim.

Call now for a free and confidential assessment with one of our specialist food poisoning lawyers on 0113 200 9787.

Holiday Food Poisoning Claims

Can I claim for food poisoning?

Yes. If you are unfortunate enough to be affected by food poisoning as a result of another person’s negligence, you may be entitled to make a claim.

What do I need to do if I contract food poisoning?

You should keep any evidence you may have which supports your food poisoning claim such as restaurant, café or supermarket receipts and if possible any packaging etc.

You must also ensure that when you visit your GP / Hospital for treatment you mention the suspected food poisoning to your doctor and your local Environmental Health Department.

Why Michael Lewin Solicitors?

We have many years of personal injury experience, having successfully recovered millions of pounds in compensation for our clients.
We have helped a wide variety of people injured in many different areas of employment obtain as much money as possible for more than a decade.

This wealth of knowledge and experience combined with our unrivalled level of determination to get you what is rightfully yours sets us apart from the rest.

We offer the very highest standard of customer care, whilst being warm, friendly and courteous, and ensure that every step of the claim process is as clear and straightforward as possible.

How do I know if I have a claim for compensation?

If you believe you may be suffering from a work related illness/industrial disease and believe that has been caused by the negligence of a former employer or a combination of employers, call us on 0113 200 9787 or email us at

Our friendly team of legal advisors will be able to tell you within a matter of minutes if you have the right to compensation.

How long will it take to receive my compensation?

This does vary very much depending on the circumstances, but typically between 12 and 24 months.

Can I still claim if my accident was some time ago?

If you are 18 years old or over, you are entitled to make a claim provided you do so within 3 years of the date of the accident. If you are under the age of 18 you must start your claim before the age of 21.

Will I have to fill in lots of paperwork?

Certainly not! We will do most of the paperwork for you, and explain every step of the process in a friendly and easy way to understand.

Will I need to meet you face to face?

Although you are more than welcome to do so, we usually correspond with our clients by telephone and post.
Only in very exceptional circumstances will it be necessary for you to come in to our offices.

Our experts will handle every aspect of your claim and keep you updated on a regular basis.

Will I have to go to Court?

It is very unlikely that you will have to go to Court. Most cases are settled via telephone or written negotiation.

We will do everything we can to avoid unnecessary court appearances.

Will I have to have a medical examination?

Yes. It is necessary to obtain a medical report so that your solicitor can place an accurate value on your injuries. Your medical appointment will be at a convenient time and place close to where you live.

What exactly can I claim for?

You are entitled to make a claim for your personal injury, any loss of earnings, travel and medical expenses, any care required, and any other out of pocket expenses.

Can I get an interim compensation payment?

Yes. In some circumstances we may help you apply for an interim payment to assist you with any immediate financial issues you may face.

This could provide you with funding for treatment or home improvements such as wheel chair access and support handles.

Are you able to arrange my treatment?

Yes. We work with a number of rehabilitation providers who are able to assess your needs and arrange the appropriate course of treatment.

These charges will be claimed from your employer’s insurance company, meaning that you are not out of pocket.

What will this cost? How will my claim be funded?

Your claim is likely to be run under a Conditional Fee Agreement.

This is often referred to as a No Win No Fee agreement. This means win or lose you pay nothing.

What should I do to start my claim?

It’s easy! Call us now on 0113 200 9787 or email us at or text us on INFO HC to 80010 and one of our legal experts will call you back with an instant decision on whether you have a claim.


Meet The Personal Injury Team

Latest Blog Post Articles


Simply complete this short form and one of our personal injury experts will be in touch soon.

Was the accident in the past three years? *
 Yes No

Did you receive medical treatment or visit your GP/hospital? *
 Yes No

Was the accident your fault? *
 Yes No

Have you claimed before? *
 Yes No

Have you reported the accident?*
 Yes No

Your confidentiality is always assured and we aim to provide excellence in our client care.


See what our customers think of us…

find out more


See staff from this department

find out more


Did you know? According to the Mental Health Foundation, 70 million days are lost from work each year in the UK due to mental ill health.

If your employer isn't taking you seriously, don't suffer in silence. Know your rights - call 0113 200 9787 or contact us online at
... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook