road traffic accident solicitors

Road traffic accidents are a highly traumatic experience and if you or a loved one have been involved in an accident, it can have devastating physical and psychological effects.  

Whether you were the driver of the vehicle, a passenger in a bus, a cyclist or a pedestrian, if you were a road user of any kind and have been involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault, then you could be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim.

With over fifteenth years’ experience in Road Traffic Accident Compensation Claims, we have a highly successful track record in recovering compensation for thousands of clients every year.

If you would like to make a Road Traffic Accident Claim, call us now on 0113 200 9787 or email

We operate from offices in Leeds, but help claimants in all of England and Wales. Rest assured, your case will be in good hands.

 Make A Road Traffic Accident Compensation Claim Today


  • No Win, No Fee available
  • FREE initial advice on all claims
  • You can claim up to 3 years after an accident
  • Dedicated and highly skilled claims team will deal with your case
  • High success rate for clients
  • National coverage
  • Common Questions Answered here

How To Start Your Road Accident Claim

If you have been involved in a car accident, or any other type of road accident that wasn’t your fault, you could be entitled to compensation.

We aim to make the process of making a claim as simple as possible, so you can contact our specialist solicitors direct on 0113 200 9787 or email to make an enquiry.

We will then talk to you about your accident and answer any questions you may have about making a claim. If we think you can make a claim, we’ll advise you of the next steps of the process, which is always on a No Win, No Fee basis.

Our solicitors always tell you the facts, without using confusing legal jargon as we want to make your compensation claim as simple and easy as possible for you, so that you can focus on your recovery after your accident.

We make the claiming process as easy as possible for you. See for yourself, Here’s Mrs Akhtar customer journey story.

What Is No Win, No Fee?

Making a claim can be distressing time, which is why we handle each road accident claim on a No win, No Fee basis. This means that if your claim is not successful, you will have nothing to pay. We want to reassure you that there are no financial risks in making your claim.

We are very open and honest with our clients so that there are no hidden costs or charges. If your claim is successful, you will already know how much of compensation you will keep, as you’ll have discussed this with your dedicated solicitor at the start of your claim.

Whether you were the driver, a passenger, riding a bicycle or were injured as a pedestrian, you can claim compensation on a No Win, No Fee basis through Michael Lewin Solicitors.

Make A Road Traffic Accident Compensation Claim

If you were involved in a road traffic accident in the last three years and you were not at fault, then you may be able to claim for compensation.

Any road user can be eligible to receive compensation if you were injured in an accident, no matter if you were the driver, a passenger, cyclist or pedestrian.

If you are under the age of 18 or are the parent or guardian of someone injured in a car accident, then they could also be eligible for compensation, however you must make a claim on their behalf.

The amount of compensation you can expect to receive following a road traffic accident greatly depends on your situation, the factors relating to your injury and how much it has affected your life.

Compensation is awarded on the following factors:

  • Your pain and suffering
  • Current and future loss of earnings
  • Medical expenses
  • Current and future support and rehabilitation expenses
  • Mobility Aids
  • Any modifications you need to make to your home.

With over fourteen years experience in car accident claims, we have successfully recovered compensation ranging from £1,000 to £250,000 for our clients.

If you’d like further information, or have any questions then please call us on 0113 200 9787 and we’ll be happy to advise you. There is no charge to speak to our dedicated team of Road Traffic Accident Solicitors and also no obligation for you to make a claim.

If you’ve suffered an injury from a car crash or road accident, you can make a claim for compensation. Whether you’ve suffered from relatively minor injuries or life-changing injuries that require life-long medical care, here are examples of the type of injuries we have successfully recovered compensation for:

If you have been involved in any type of road traffic accident, are suffering from any of the above or have another type of injury that resulted from the crash, our dedicated and specialist team of personal injury solicitors will strive to get the compensation and recovery support that you deserve.

Any road user that has been involved in an accident that wasn’t their fault can make a claim. This includes passengers in cars, lorries or coaches, pedestrians and victims of hit and run accidents. If you have suffered in any of the following road accidents in the last three years, you might be eligible to make a claim for compensation.

Car Crash Claims – FAQ’s

In this distressing time, you are bound to have thousands of questions about your claim and the circumstances of your accident. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions we receive regarding road traffic accidents. If you do not find an answer here, or want to discuss your situation in more detail then please do not hesitate to contact one our legal advisors on 0113 200 9787 or email

What exactly can I claim for?

You are entitled to make a claim for your personal injury, vehicle damage, policy excess, hire, recovery and storage charges, loss of earnings, travel costs, care and other out of pocket expenses. Our expert solicitors will help you by talking through your options to ensure that your compensation is everything you deserve.

Can I get an interim compensation payment?

Yes. In some circumstances we may help you apply for an interim payment to assist you with any immediate financial issues you may face. This could provide you with funding for treatment or home improvements such as wheel chair access and support handles. These interim awards are usually only issued were the other party admits liability.

Are you able to arrange my treatment?

Yes. We work with a number of rehabilitation providers who are able to assess your needs and arrange the appropriate course of treatment. Our responsibility for you doesn’t start and end with your request for compensation. It’s also worth noting that any treatment you do need will be charged to the “at fault” driver’s insurance company, meaning that you are not out of pocket.

Can I still claim if the other driver wasn't insured?

Yes The Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) is an organisation that was set up precisely for this purpose. MIB claims tend to be more complex in nature, so ensure that you get legal representation early.

What if the driver of the other vehicle failed to stop?

If a driver fails to stop, or you have been involved in a “hit and run” accident, and you were unable to obtain the registration number of the vehicle involved, then a claim can be pursued against the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) under the “Untraced Drivers Agreement”.

It’s important to note however that it is a condition of this agreement that the accident be reported to the Police within 5 days of the incident if claiming for property damage, or within 14 days if you are claiming for personal injuries. Failure to do so may harm your claim.

How will my claim be funded?

Your claim is likely to be run under a Conditional Fee Agreement (No Win, No Fee), this allows you to claim for any compensation without any financial risk to yourself.

What should I do to start my claim?

It’s easy! Call us now on 0113 200 9787 or email us at or text us on INFO HC to 80010 and one of our legal experts will call you back with an instant decision on whether you have a claim.

How long will it take to receive my compensation?

This does vary very much depending on the circumstances, but typically between 12 and 24 months.

How do I know if I have a claim for compensation?

If you believe you may be suffering from a work related illness/industrial disease and believe that has been caused by the negligence of a former employer or a combination of employers, call us on 0113 200 9787 or email us at

Our friendly team of legal advisors will be able to tell you within a matter of minutes if you have the right to compensation.

Can I still claim if my accident was some time ago?

If you are 18 years old or over, you are entitled to make a claim provided you do so within 3 years of the date of the accident. If you are under the age of 18 you must start your claim before the age of 21.

Will I have to fill in lots of paperwork?

Certainly not! We will do most of the paperwork for you, and explain every step of the process in a friendly and easy way to understand.

What is Legal Expenses Insurance?

The claims process can be very expensive. This can be off-putting to people with genuine claims, who are worried about what might happen if they lose their case. Fortunately, help is at hand….

Legal Expenses Insurance (“LEI”) is a policy which, subject to certain exceptions, covers the cost of legal proceedings in the event that a claim is unsuccessful. In other words, if you lose your case, you will not be liable to pay for any court fees, opponents’ costs or any other charges incurred in the claims process. You may already have (LEI) cover as part of your car or home insurance policy, or as a feature of your bank or building society account, or perhaps as a benefit of your employment. We always advise clients to check whether LEI is available.

However, if you do not have LEI cover, we are able to offer our clients a policy known as After The Event insurance (“ATE”). Quite literally, this is a policy taken out after your accident which will do the same thing as LEI. Further, the ATE premium is deducted from the final damages figure when your claim settles – there is no up-front cost to you. So, you get peace of mind that legal costs are covered if you lose, whilst the cost of the premium is never felt in real terms!

Have You Been In Any of The Following Accidents?

Meet The Road Traffic Accident Team

  • Marya Yasin RTA Paralegal

    Department: Road Traffic Accident

  • Sarah-Jane Newsam Paralegal

    Department: Commercial Property

  • Michelle Jones RTA Paralegal

    Department: Road Traffic Accidents

  • Tim Driver Scottish RTA Paralegal

    Department: Scottish RTA

  • Ross Slater Departmental Manager -Scottish Road Traffic Accidents

    Department: Scottish Road Traffic Accidents

  • Rob Crompton Head of RTA Department

    Department: Road Traffic Accidents & Criminal Injury

  • Rebecca Kay Scottish RTA Fee Earner

    Department: Road Traffic Accidents

  • Paul McMullan Deputy Head of RTA Department

    Department: Road Traffic Accidents, Product Liability and Flight Delay.

  • Laura White Stress & RTA Paralegal

    Department: Stress at Work & Road Traffic Accidents

  • Jessica Grainger RTA Paralegal

    Department: Road Traffic Accidents

  • Emma Davison Road Traffic Accidents Department Manager

    Department: Road Traffic Accidents

  • Colin Howard RTA Paralegal

    Department: Road Traffic Accidents

Latest Blog Posts From The Team


Simply complete this short form and one of our personal injury experts will be in touch soon.

Was the accident in the past three years? *
 Yes No

Did you receive medical treatment or visit your GP/hospital? *
 Yes No

Was the accident your fault? *
 Yes No

Have you claimed before? *
 Yes No

Your confidentiality is always assured and we aim to provide excellence in our client care.


See what our customers think of us…

find out more


See staff from this department

find out more


If, like many other people, you have been putting off writing your will, this is your chance to make it right. #Makeawillmonth ... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook