No matter how careful and good a driver you are, you can still have the misfortune of being involved in a car accident. If you are unlucky enough to be involved in a car accident that was not your fault and have suffered any kind of injury, then you may be entitled to a No Win No Fee claim for compensation with Michael Lewin Solicitors.
- No Win, No Fee available
- You can claim up to 3 years after an accident
- If you are a minor who has just turned 18, you have until your 21st birthday to make a claim.
- A Dedicated and highly skilled claims team who will deal with your case
- High success rate for clients
- National coverage
Car Accident Claims
We deal with accidents whether you were the driver, passenger, pedestrian, cyclist or in/on another vehicle.
To help you further we offer a free initial consultation service, so contact us first for a chat, and one of our dedicated claims experts will be able to give you the best advice and might be able to give you an idea of how much your claim is worth.
All claims get the same care from us, and our claims process is designed to get an early settlement as we know that this will help with your recuperation – although our experts will always inform you if they believe that the compensation offer can be improved.
How Do I Start A Claim And What Is The Claims Process?
Initially, the following information is taken:
- The contact details of the applicant;
- The car accident circumstances, location and date and time of the accident;
- The vehicle details in which you were travelling and that of the ‘at fault vehicle’; and
- What Injuries you sustained.
Once we have sufficient information and as long as we are satisfied that the accident appears to be ‘non-fault,’ we will set up a case and a dedicated lawyer will be assigned to your claim. Your lawyer will be in contact with you from the start of your claim until the very end.
A medical appointment will be arranged with a medico-legal expert to carry out a report based on the injuries you sustained, this also provides us with a means of being able to value your claim. If required, we can also arrange rehabilitation free of charge!
Providing liability is admitted by the ‘at fault’ driver’s insurers, cases can be straight forward. There are however cases when liability is disputed between insurers, in which case, the claim can sometimes take a little longer to settle, although our success rates are quite high.
The value of any claim is based upon the latest Judicial College Guidelines and case law is often quoted to achieve maximum settlement of any personal injury claim.
The Range Of Injuries Caused By Car Accidents
The types of injuries we deal with vary significantly and can range from simple Soft Tissue Injuries, to Injuries Affecting the Senses; Psychiatric and Psychological Damage; Orthopaedic Injuries; Brain and Head Injuries, Scarring and in the most severe of cases, Injuries Resulting in Death.
We take the time to understand you, your injuries and how the injuries have affected you to ensure that we get the maximum compensation available.
Your injuries will also vary in severity depending on other factors such as:
- The speed the car was travelling;
- The type of accident you were involved in; as well as,
- How well equipped the vehicle is with safety features (i.e. seat belt/lap belts, air bags, side impact protection (SIP))
Here are some of our recent cases, in which we successfully claimed compensation for the injuries our clients sustained from a road traffic accident.
- Driver – Soft Tissue injury to neck and shoulders with a 6 month prognosis settled for £2,500.00
- Driver – Soft Tissue Injury to Neck and Back with a 2 year prognosis settled for £5,000.00
- Cyclist – Chronic back pain and exacerbation of Fibromyalgia settled for £12,000.00
- Pedestrian – Facial scarring, Soft tissue injuries, exacerbation of Psychological Injuries settled for £20,000.00
- Passenger – Chronic Pain and Psychological Damage settled for £30,000.00
- Cyclist – Le Fort Fractures of facial bones settled for £40,000.00
Remember that each claim for compensation is case specific and should not be compared with similar cases.
Car Accident Compensation Claim Advice
If you or someone you know has been involved in a car accident then get them to contact us as soon as possible, we will be able to advise whether there is a compensation claim that we can pursue and what the likely compensation amount could be.
Helping Car Accident Victims
Not only are we dedicated to providing the best possible service to our clients and the best compensation, we also support numerous road traffic charities and campaigns.
We support Brake and are proud of the hard work they put in campaigning for improved road safety, we also support RoadPeace and their work in helping to put families impacted by road incident back together again.
You will also see us campaigning through Road Safety Week and other road safety campaigns and events.