Some injuries require a long period of rehabilitation and it is important when making a claim for compensation that this is taken into account; Michael Lewin’s personal injury specialists in Leeds understand the impact an injury can have on a victim not just physically but emotionally and financially especially if a long recovery period is involved.

Slips trips and falls can cause a multitude of injuries many serious depending on the circumstances of the fall. The most serious would be a fatal injury caused by a fall from height. Other injuries may involve broken bones or head injuries that require a long recovery period. Apart from the emotional impact of a serious injury there is the issue of the financial impact if the victim is unable to work for a while.

Mr W from County Durham sustained multiple injuries when he fell down an exposed drain gulley in a superstore car park. He injured his ankle and his back bruised his ribs and tore ligaments in his knee.

Torn knee ligaments require a long period of rehabilitation including exercises to strengthen the legs and muscles around the injured knee. This is also a typical example of an injury which can not only require time of work for recovery but can seriously restrict the victim’s daily activities. They may not be able to drive do the housework or continue with a favourite hobby.

Anyone who has suffered from an injury requiring lengthy rehabilitation needs to consult a personal injury claim specialist who understands the impact of such an injury; Michael Lewin Solicitors in Leeds are experts in all areas of personal injury law and are committed to ensuring that accident victims get the compensation they deserve.

Every occupier of land or buildings has a duty of care to the general public who visit them. The person responsible may be an owner or a landlord; it is whoever is legally in charge of the maintenance of the premises. In the case of Mr W it would be the superstore owner. In other situations like on a public road it would be the local authority.

Public liability is when someone hurts themselves because a third party has neglected this duty. If there is evidence that the third party which is the person or organisation responsible for maintaining the property or outside space has been negligent you can make a public liability claim.

You may even be able to claim if you had an accident in a private home if the householder or landlord was responsible for your accident eg badly-lit steps or falling roof tile

If you have been the victim of an accident due to negligence if you are needing rehabilitation and time off work talk to one of the personal injury claim specialists at Michael Lewin in Leeds: 0844 499 9302.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment