Michael Lewin Solicitors were instructed by 44 year old Mr O after he was hurt in a fall in a supermarket; slip trip or fall accidents occur far too often in supermarkets and Michael Lewin can skilfully handle any compensation claim using their vast experience of personal injury law in Manchester and all over the UK.

Mr O injured his knee when he tripped and fell over an item which was protruding from a freezer aisle. Knee injuries sustained in a fall such as torn ligaments usually require a significant period of time for recovery. Any time off work for rest and recovery and any physiotherapy treatment is taken into account when awarding compensation.

Supermarkets and other large food stores are notorious for slip and trip hazards. There are basic health and safety procedures which must be followed to reduce the risk of accidents. Failure to follow these rules can lead to liability for an injury to another person. Basic housekeeping rules are vital; keep water and contaminants away from walkways and if they do spill they should be cleaned up immediately. Any employees such as cleaners who are exposed to wet floors should be provided with suitable footwear. Particular care and attention should be taken during the colder months when rain ice and snow increase the risk of wet floors.

Michael Lewin don?t ask for any payment from clients who have suffered a slip trip or fall that wasn?t their fault; the team of personal injury specialists have successfully settled a multitude of claims for all types of accidents and would advise victims anywhere in the UK to make a compensation claim and get the damages they deserve whether they live London Manchester or the furthest south in England.

Every occupier of land or buildings has a duty of care to the general public who visit them. It can be a home shop office train bus park or factory. Public liability is when someone hurts themselves because a third party has neglected this duty.

If you can show that the third party which is the person or organisation responsible for maintaining the property or outside space has been negligent you can make a public liability claim.

You may even be able to claim if you had an accident in a private home if the householder or landlord was responsible for your accident eg badly-lit steps or falling roof tile. Mr O received ?1800.00 in compensation.

If you have had a slip trip or fall either at work or in a public place and need advice regarding non-fault accidents and how to make a compensation claim in Manchester or anywhere in the UK call Michael Lewin Solicitors on: 0844 499 9302.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment