If you have been involved in a work accident and you have sustained an injury as a result Michael Lewin Solicitors can help you make a compensation claim in London.

Mr M from Manchester was involved in an accident at work that was not his fault. As Mr M was working his hand got trapped in some plaster board. Mr M suffered injuries to his hand as a result of the accident.

Michael Lewin Solicitors represented Mr M after he made the decision to pursue his employers for compensation. Thanks to the hard work and dedication of our team of legal experts Mr M was awarded £1850 in compensation.

Section 9 of the HSW Act requires the employer to provide free of charge personal protective equipment or any other items for the safety of employees where it is required by law.

In summary although there is a great deal of legislation around pertaining to the legal responsibilities for employers to follow the general health and safety act of 1974 gives the basic minimum requirements and any supplementary advice will be available about more specific areas if required if heavy machinery is a requirement in the workplace. Compliance with these regulations should always be regarded as the barest minimum requirement which is expected from every employer by the courts if action was ever to be taken by an employee.

If you have sustained a work accident related injury and you think you have a valid compensation claim you should seek legal advice immediately so as not to miss the deadline for making your claim; Michael Lewin Solicitors in London can assess your case over the phone.

Harm is caused by either the action or sometimes the inaction of the employer. Some actions which could be considered harmful to employers could include an employer removing a safety guard for cutting equipment thus increasing the likelihood for an accident to occur. An inaction causing harm could be something as simple as an employer not replacing a mat by the entrance to the building and this causing a slip or trip. Another inaction which frequently occurs is employers not insisting that warning signs are in place when liquids are spilt on the floor.

If as an employee you feel that your employer has failed to either act or they have been negligent by an inaction which could reasonably have been predicted to cause an accident then you can take legal action to get compensation. Michael Lewin can provide detailed legal advice on the circumstances of your case.

An employer should have a person who deals with health and safety matters. This person must be legally competent. In other words that person should have the ability to understand the concerns around health and safety.

Michael Lewin Solicitors has teams of friendly and fast working specialist that deal with all types of compensation claim. So whether you have been injured at work in a public place or even in someone’s home our experienced team can guide you through your case.

To start your work accident injury compensation claim call Michael Lewin Solicitors in London today on: 0844 499 9302.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment